Client Disclosure and informed consent
1. Alternative or complementary health care under the laws of a number of states: The person you will be working with is not licensed. That means that he/she is not a Medical Doctor, psychiatrist, psychologist, Masters in Family and Child Counseling, or a Master’s in Social Work. Nothing that happens here should be construed as a substitute for the advice of a licensed person.
2. What to expect: Your alternative practitioner is in the process of being trained and certified in Life Coaching, Journal Therapy, Mental and Emotional Release® Technique and Emotional Clearing Method at the Master Practitioner level and will be doing this technique with Nero Linguistic Programming (NLP) and Hypnosis. The work will probably be different from what you might have expected. In total, we will not spend a lot of time talking about the problem, just gathering information about it. In fact, most sessions are spent on other things.
It is very important for us to discover the internal thought process of HOW you create the problem. That means that we are looking for your strategy, or how you structure the problem. Because our focus is on structure, that means that, once we discover it, we can move on and focus on having the problem disappear very quickly.
Because of this, your Mental and Emotional Release® Master Practitioner may cut short your answers or even talk about your problem in ways that you have never considered. She may even ask you questions that you do not totally understand consciously in order for your Unconscious Mind to make changes you want at the unconscious level. It is important to do this so that we can reduce the time taken for the therapeutic process.
If you have been in a therapy session before, expect that this one will be very different, and quite a bit shorter.
3. This is the Process: We begin with you telling us the problem. We will ask you for examples of the problem and other questions to discover HOW you do it in your head. We will also probe to discover the source of the problem – the precipitating event(s). Some time before the end of this part of the session we will ask you what has to happen so you will know the problem is gone.
4. After the Session: We will probably assign you some very specific tasks to do. If assigned these tasks are, absolutely, fundamental part of the process. They make take up to several days or weeks to complete. The tasks are directly related to the circumstances that created the problem. You must do them. If you do not, then neither you nor we can predict the outcome of the work. Certainly, any guarantees will not be valid if you do not do the tasking.
The second thing that is important is that you will need to stubbornly focus on what you want. The people who are the happiest over-all in life are those who recognize that you have a choice to focus on what you don’t want or what you do want. You can focus on negative emotions and things that make you feel bad, or you can focus on positive emotions and things that make you feel good. It is your choice. After the session, You Must Focus On What You Want.
Finally, if your old pattern rears its ugly head, then you must refuse to run the pattern again. Please remember that we have the utmost total and complete respect for you and absolutely no respect for your old problem.
5. This is Alternative or Complementary Health Care and Therapy: Your Mental and Emotional Release® Master Practitioner is a legal Complementary Healthcare Provider, and not a Medical Doctor, psychiatrist, psychologist, Masters in Family and Child Counseling, or a Master’s in Social Work. The services you receive are not licensed in this state, nor or they regulated by a governmental body. The self-regulated holistic treatments and client-centered disciplines in which your practitioner is trained and in which she/he has experience including consulting and coaching, Mental and Emotional Release®, Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) and Hypnosis. We will always provide only those services in which we have been trained, and if we find that we cannot help you, we will refer you to a licensed person who can assist you.
During your sessions we will use one or more of the following techniques:
a. Coaching: According the International Coach Federation,
“Professional coaching brings many wonderful benefits: fresh perspectives on personal challenges, enhanced decision-making skills, greater interpersonal effectiveness, and increased confidence. And, the list does not end there. Those who undertake coaching also can expect appreciable improvement in productivity, satisfaction with life and work, and the attainment of relevant goals.
ICF defines coaching as partnering with clients in a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires them to maximize their personal and professional potential, which is particularly important in today’s uncertain and complex environment. Coaches honor the client as the expert in his or her life and work and believe every client is creative, resourceful and whole. Standing on this foundation, the coach’s responsibility is to:
Discover, clarify, and align with what the client wants to achieve
Encourage client self-discovery
Elicit client-generated solutions and strategies
Hold the client responsible and accountable
This process helps clients dramatically improve their outlook on work and life, while improving their leadership skills and unlocking their potential.”
b. Mental and Emotional Release® Therapy: The techniques are a process of active imagination where the client imagines floating above his/her Time Line and letting go of his/her negative emotions and/or limiting decisions (or limiting beliefs). Then the client is also asked to imagine creating event in his/her future that supports his/her goals or outcomes. Metal and Emotional Release® has demonstrated results in a broad variety of presenting problems. It is a powerful technique, which allows clients to make long-lasting changes in a very rapid way.Your practitioner will be learning this technique during her training.
c. Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP): NLP is a model of communication – how we communicate to self and others – and how that communication creates and affects our behavior. As a study, it is a synthesis of cognitive and behavioral philosophies, which focus on the information coming in through the neurology (cognitive) and the programs we run inside our heads to produce the behaviors (behavioral) we do. Your practioner will be learning this technique during her training.
d. Journal Therapy: According to the Center for Journal Therapy, Journal Therapy is defined as the following:
“Journal therapy is the purposeful and intentional use of reflective writing to further mental, physical, emotional and spiritual health and wellness. It offers an effective means of providing focus and clarity to issues, concerns, conflicts, and confusions. In practice, it is the act of writing down thoughts and feelings to sort through problems and come to deeper understandings of oneself or the issues in one’s life. Unlike traditional diary writing, where daily events and happenings are recorded from an exterior point of view, journal therapy focuses on the writer’s internal experiences, reactions, and perceptions. Through this act of literally reading his or her own mind, the writer is able to perceive experiences more clearly and thus feels a relief of tension. This has been shown to have mental and physical health benefits.“
Your practitioner will be learning this technique during her training.
We keep all information we receive from you, confidential, and do not disclose it to persons outside our company. All client information is kept strict confidential and is for our internal use only. (Importantly, we are required in some states to share information about child abuse with state bodies who oversee such matters.)
Per the terms of our agreement you have ‘unlimited’ email access. Emails are responded to in the order they are received Monday – Friday between the hours of 10am – 5pm PT. Please know my response time is between 3-5 business days. Please inform me at the top of your email how I am to respond. (ie. Read, need a resource, need a detailed response, hold for our next session.)
Email messages, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.
All work that we do is guaranteed. That means that you will receive the support and follow-up to ensure that you get the results wanted. We guarantee our work because our experience has shown us that our clients always get results. The guarantee works like this:
You must finish the program. That means, attend every session. You must go through the entire process of the work all the way to the end.
You must do the tasking after each session, and you need to do it fully and completely.
Your Choice, Your Responsibility
While, during the sessions, we will offer you advice and other ways of looking at any and all presenting problems and its solutions for your consideration. You hereby agree that wheatear we discuss is only our perspective and is not binding upon you, nor is it prescription.
If you want to discuss our suggestions with someone lese, you should discuss them with a licensed health care provider. It is your responsibility to confirm whether or not any changes we made produced the desired results. It is your responsibility to communicate your results to us. Our liability is limited to the amount paid for the work.
The client is responsible for attending their sessions as scheduled. Should you have a schedule conflict you must cancel and/or reschedule no later than 24 hours prior to your session. Failing to do so will result in a “no show” and will count as a completed session.
Please complete all sessions within your 6-month agreement, any remaining sessions will expire and not roll over.